Beylerbeyi Palace, located in Beylerbeyi district of Üsküdar district of Istanbul and built by Sultan Abdulaziz in 1861-1865 architect Sarkis Balyan.
The place where the palace is located is a historical place and its use as settlement area extends to the Byzantine period. In this region there was a forest called Istavroz Bahçeleri. It is said that Istavroz (Stavroz) was given due to the great crucifix of Konstantinos in this region during the Byzantine period. Eremya Çelebi Kömürcüyan stated that Byzantine church and a monastery he was still standing.
The first structure belonging to the Ottoman period is II. Selim's daughter is the palace of Gevher Sultan. IV. Murad came to this palace in the world. Later on in the 17th century, this area was covered by Şevkabad Kasrı, III. In the period of Ahmet, Ferahabad Yalısı was built and Mahmud I built Ferahfeza Kasrı for his mother. This region was also used as the sultan of the sultans. III. During Mustafa period these structures were demolished and the land was sold to the public. Mahmud later bought back this merchandise and built a wooden palace here in 1829. A part of the palace burned in 1851 as a result of the fire. It was not used for a while, considering that the palace burned in a row when Sultan Abdülmecid was in it. Later, between 1861-1865, today's Beylerbeyi Palace was built by Sultan Abdülaziz instead of the burning palace. The palace is Sarkis Balyan and the brother is Agop Balyan
The Beylerbeyi Palace is a palace complex consisting of the main palace (summer palace) in a large garden, the Marble mansion, the Yellow mansion, the Ahır mansion and the two small sea mansions.
The original palace, the summer palace, was built with the Renaissance, Baroque and eastern-western styles. The palace built on the sea-side pier is a 2-storey building built on a high basement. Palace; Harem (north part) and Mabeyn-i Hümayun (southern part) circles; three entrances, six large rooms, 24 rooms, 1 bath and 1 bathroom. The palace is a rectangular building. The palace roof was concealed by a scarecrow circulating all the fronts. The outer appearance of the palace is separated by a wiping marked with the force separating the ground floor and the upper floor. The middle parts of the palace's sea and side façades are arranged in three sections projecting outwards. The windows of the building are rectangular and decorated with arches. Between the windows and the corner of the walls are single and double columns. The first floor is completely marble and the second floor is laid with marble-like stones.
The interior of the palace is decorated with items such as wooden carving, gold embroidery work, paintings and writing. The plan of the two floors of the palace consists of the rooms around a large hall in the middle. On the ground floor there is a pool of water taken from the sea and covered with glass panels. There are four rooms on the ground floor at the corner of the hall. A large double-armed staircase or service ladder is located on the ground opposite the bed-top kata pool. It is called the large saloon reception hall located on the upper floor. There are two small lounges on the second floor besides the large lounge, and small rooms overlooking the sea and land ceiling. Sultan Abdülaziz had a special interest in the interior decoration of the palace and the maritime and ship themes were built into some frames and cartridges in the palace ceilings. Apart from this, there are poems written with thuluth and ta'lik lines. The harem section of the arather is arranged more plainly. There are three entrances, from the Palace Harem, Selamlik and seat doors.
Other pieces of the palace complex, the Marble and the Yellow Pavilion are the pieces of the old palace built during the 2nd Mahmud period. Marble Köşkün has been named as it is covered with large marble slabs. It is located at the back of the large pool in the garden. It is a one storey building made of ampir style. It consists of a large hall and two rooms. There is a large oval pool in the hall.
The Yellow Pavilion is located on the side of the pool and is a three storey pagoda with a basement. There are a lounge and two rooms on all floors. Baroque staircase in the hall is a simple structure consisting of three sections in total. There are sea paintings in the mansion. There are triple window groups with semicircular arcs on the front and rear facades of the building.
The barn mansion was built for the care of the sultan's horses. The palace is located in the southern region of Araz. The palace doors and windows are arches with horseshoes. It has a pool and a barn with twenty compartments. This pavilion is decorated with animal paintings and horse figures.
Beylerbeyi palace is located in a large garden which rises backwards from the sea. It is decorated with bronze animal statues, all built in Paris with trees and pools in the garden. In the garden 80 * 30 m there is a big pool where you can go for a boat. The garden is surrounded by an ornate wall that runs parallel to the sea and along the pier. Two doors have been built on the wall, aimed at entering the sea from the sea. Apart from that, there are small sea mansions on both sides of the wall. These mansions are hexagonal and made in the form of a tent. Both mansions have a room and a toilet.
In addition to the palace sultans, he has hosted many famous names. 2. Abdulhamid After the Balkan Wars, he was taken from the Alatini Mansion in Thessaloniki for security reasons and brought to Beylerbeyi Palace and spent the rest of his life in this palace. The first important foreign guest of the palace was Eugénie, the third wife of Napoleon. Other important guests of the Palace are Nikola the King of Montenegro, Gran Duk Nikola who came to Istanbul to sign the Ayastefanos Agreement with the Iranian Shah Nasrüddin and the Austro-Hungarian Emperor Franz Joseph. During the Republican era, Iranian Shah Rıza Pahlevi, who came to Istanbul in 1934 as an invitation to Atatürk, was hosted in this palace. In 1936, the Balkan Games Festival was organized in this palace and Mustafa Kemal Ataturk spent that night in Beylerbeyi Palace
The Beylerbeyi Palace was repaired by architect Vedat Tek in 1909. Today the palace is open to visitors except Mondays and Thursdays.
Beylerbeyi Palace is located in Beylerbeyi district of Üsküdar district of Istanbul.
The palace is open to visitors except Mondays and Thursdays.